Sunday, December 05, 2004

Screw the BCS

I have been following Cal Football since the Joe Kapp days. There have been some good teams in those years, but also some very bad teams. During the Holmoe era, it was pretty bad. Then came the Tedford era. Last year when Cal beat Virginia Tech, I laughed because a big East Coast team lost to a little West Coast team. I wonder how they would live it down. There were high expectations this year but I was cautious. I mean there was high expectations during the one year Mariucci coached. After a couple of games I realized that we actually had a defense to go along with the high powered offense. Both offense and defense are ranked in the top five of the nation, I believe. We only lost to USC in a close game. Yet, for some reason it wasn't good enough for the computers of the BCS and apparently some coaches. Talk about shocked, about surprised, about being fucked in the ass. Cal is not going to the Rose Bowl. Cal is not playing Auburn or Utah. Instead Cal will be playing in the Holiday Bowl which is worthy of a team who won ten games and only one, and is rank FOURTH in the nation! Sigh. Sorry Joe Kapp. You going to have to save that tequila for next year.

No comments: