Tuesday, November 30, 2004

I knew it

Considering what happened on Friday, and having the full moon, I knew there was trouble a-brewing. My wife ended getting sick Saturday night. As I was getting ready for bed, I noticed my wife sitting on the couch with half closed eyes. I asked her if she was going to bed, and she said that she was deciding whether to throw up or not. So I went to bed. Ten minutes later I heard her praying to the ceramic god. Normally I would go in and check on her and maybe offer some water to rinse her mouth, but my gag reflex was acting up so I stayed in bed. After a few minutes she came into the bedroom. I looked at her and said "I guess you decided."
The next evening my son began barfing all over the carpet in the hallway. And where does he get the energy to bounce off the couch and jump around soon after threw up. If it were me I would be moaning in bed, complaining how awful I feel. He threw up a few more times. Later he was thirsty and wanted something to drink. But since he wasn't holding any thing down, we tried to explain to him that he couldn't have anything for awhile. Of course he became mad and stalked to his room. In the middle of the night he woke up my wife, demanding some juice or water. Again she said no. So he took the water bottle from her nightstand, opened it, and drank from it. Great, we have to monitor him just in case he threw up again. Well, he didn't.
Yesterday, I woke up not feeling well. My stomach was acting up. So I stayed home and slept until 1:45 PM. I missed breakfast and lunch! My stomach still feeling a little bit queasy, I am going to work tomorrow. I need fresh air, adult stimulation.

No comments: