Saturday, November 07, 2009
Why are you crying?
Yesterday, after a couple of attempts, I took my daughter to get her flu shots. Mom decided that my daughter could get a Barbie doll if she got her shots like a good little girl. So even though my daughter kept telling me that she didn't want her shots, I told her that had to. Finally, she agreed. So while I am looking for a parking spot, I got her to laugh to help her relax. We walk up to the injection clinic, and I noticed a sign that said that they had no more flu shots available, just the H1N1 spray. But my daughter was determined to get her shots! So she asked a nurse, who promptly told us they didn't have any more flu shots. My daughter burst into tears. I asked her "Why are you crying?" "I don't want to get sick!" she replied. Sigh. The nurse was speechless. I managed to calm down my daughter, telling her that I would buy her Barbie anyway if she stop crying. First time I ever anyone cry because she didn't get her shots.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment