Friday, October 21, 2005
Pluck not Strum
Since I recently won a guitar on ebay, I have been thinking of getting a bass guitar. I had always wanted to play bass like Paul McCartney, and had played the bass part on my acoustic guitar on Beatle and Wings songs. But playing a real bass has been a dream, and lately I have realized I can do it, provided my kids can leave me alone for an hour. While perusing eBay for a bass guitar, I found it can be very expensive. Then I had an epiphany. Why not rent one from the local music store? So that is what I did. I rented a bass and amp for $43.00. First of all, it is heavier than a electric guitar. The neck is longer and the strings are heavier. A very different feel for my fingers and arms. And when I return to the guitar, it felt different too. I sort have to relearn the bass guitar parts to the songs I play along to, especially with the fingering. I like it and it is helping with my ear training.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment