Saturday, September 17, 2005

Only one man...

*soapbox* Since I am the ONLY computer tech working at the library, I get plenty of idiot calls concerning the simple functions of the public computers. Plus I have to deal with the staff questions, which sometimes is a headache. I try really hard to be patient, but goddamn it, some people are very dumb. Do I really need to show someone how to print or adjust their monitors or remind them of their passwords or show them how to retrieve their email over and over, again and again. Some staff have been using computers for five years now. How hard is it to remember simple functions?
For five years I have been asked over and over again, what is the password for the public computers? And for five years I have been telling them that there is no password for the public, just type in the username and press enter. All public computers are secured. Do I have to pin notes on them? Sigh.*/soapbox*
And now there is even more pressing deadline, since I received 25 new computers to reimage before the new Library Director is hired, which could be any week now. Sigh.
I need an assistant, and a vacation.

No comments: