Sometimes my son uses his potty training toilet instead of the regular toilet depending on his mood or if the regular one is occupied. And sometimes he won't wait for one of us to clean it out for him, for he is trying to learn new skills and be independent. So today after he used his peepee bowl, he emptied it in the toilet and put the bowl in the sink and turned on the water. Hearing the noise in the bathroom, I yelled "What are you doing?" "I'm cleaning," came the reply. Cleaning what I thought to myself. I found out when I enter the bathroom. Sure enough he had cleaned out his peepee bowl, but he also threw the toothbrushes for good measure. I was horrified, and started yelling "What are you doing?""Don't put our toothbrushes in there". Apparently, I was yelling too much because he ran out of the bathroom, crying to my wife. I stood in the front of the sink fuming of what to do next. I mean, even though there was water in the bowl, do I even want to keep the toothbrushes. That's when I heard my wife say, "Just wash them." "Do you get it? He peed in the bowl!" I yelled. There was no way I am putting my toothbrush in my mouth I decided. That was too gross for me. And it was too late to go buy new ones. I looked in the linen closet and found new toothbrush that would tie me over until I can buy new one for all of us.
I related this story to my co-workers the next day, and they all agreed with me. They would buy new toothbrushes.
No comments:
Post a Comment