One day last week when I took the kids to the babysitters, I noticed my son hiding his bottle behind as we headed for the front door. I know he is almost four years old and he shouldn't be drinking from a bottle, but usually he only gets it when he is going to bed. Apparently, the babysitter had been trying to wean him off the bottle, which is why he was hiding the bottle behind his back. Once she saw it, she was quietly telling wouldn't it be better if he had a sippy cup of milk instead of the bottle, etc.. Trying to coax to give it up. I left at that point, not knowing what had happened next. Okay, the next day, my son finished his bottle, and said "Here, daddy." And I put in my pocket. After taking every thing of the kids out of the car, and depositing them in the house, I was about to leave when I felt the bottle in my pocket. Not thinking, I pulled it out and asked my son if he wanted his bottle. The look on his face was hilarious. The look of "I don't know what you are talking about. I've never seen that in my life. That's not mine" came over his face. The babysitter asked if that was his bottle. He shook his head "No."
This morning while I am driving the kids to the babysitter's, my son cried "Daddy, here," and handed me his bottle. I said, "Did you want me to take it inside the house (meaning the babysitter's house)?" He replied, "No." I said, "Oh, you don't want E to know?" He said, "No, I don't want E to know." I just chuckled, and told him that I wouldn't bring it in the house. That made his day.
No comments:
Post a Comment