Monday, January 03, 2005

Who's your daddy now


A California college football team did win its Bowl game
as USC demolished Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl for USC's second National Championship in a row. I was going to email Robyn, as she is always touting the Boomer Sooner, bragging about who's the best team in the nation, but now that she's mother and matured, she is taking the high road this year. Sigh. Well, I am not all that fond of USC anyway, since I am a Cal Bears fan, but I enjoy thumbing my nose at the eastern football establishment when a West Coast team wins the championship.

Update: Cal ended up ninth in the football polls. I was afraid they would drop further, so ninth isn't too bad, except that Aaron Rodgers decided to leave Cal for the NFL. I don't think undergrads do well in the NFL, but we shall see.

No comments: