Saturday, March 03, 2007

It's 2007!! WTF!!!

Okay, so I haven't been keeping up with my blog. I took a little vacation due to the demands of the family and work. Usually after spending most of the day at the computer for one reason or another, I don't even want face the computer at home. Then when I was in the mood, my son or my wife had control of the computer playing their games. So today I decided to blog from work. The highlights:

  • Took the kids to visit California Academy of Sciences to see the Dinosaur exhibit.
  • My son turned five years old, which means he will be headed for Kindergarten in late August.
  • My daughter turned two and one-half years old and will be three in June, which means she will be heading for Pre-school in September.
  • Work had been manageable until I read about the Daylight Savings Time change and the patch that is needed to correct the computer clock for the change.
  • Took the kids to the latest Disney on Ice show featuring the Incredibles this past Wednesday. It was good, though my daughter became very upset that Mickey and Minnie were captured by Syndrome. My wife reassured her that Mickey and Minnie would be rescued by the Incredibles.
  • Caught my son brushing his toes with his toothbrush
  • I broke a molar, had a crown put in, and now I have to pay $740! Apparently the insurance only covers if the crown was required not recommended by the dentist. Bullshit. Nearly half my molar had broken off, even though the old filling remained.
  • Saw the Dixie Chicks win five Grammys, including Best Country Album of the Year, which was very interesting since none of the country music radio stations in the nation play their songs.
  • Two weekends ago, my daughter was mad at me for going to work so that she didn't see me in the morning. So my wife called me at work so that I could talk with her. So I talk with her for a bit before I hear "Don't ever call again!" and my wife told me that my daughter went into her bedroom and slammed the door. WTF. We were talking so nice before that happened.
  • My wife's van needs a new tuning belt and water pump which cost about $650! February wasn't a good month for me financially.
Well, that's about all I can remember.

No comments: