Monday, December 11, 2006

He has what in his head???

My son had a staple put in his head! It was done in the local ER by a doctor with his mom looking on. Meanwhile I was doing my best to entertain my little girl.
Well, what had happened was we were waiting at the local mall in line for the yearly Santa Claus picture with the kids. It was a rather long line, and the kids were restless and running around while my wife in standing in line. Of course the kids split up and I had to chase them down. So I rounded up my son, and went looking for my daughter. We spotted her near the cash register where people pay for their picture. She saw Santa Claus and ran toward him, effectively cutting in line before her time.
Meanwhile, my son saw Santa too and wanted to take his picture now. The next part is hazy in my mind, for all I know when I grabbed my daughter, and my son fell backwards, hitting his head on the corner on the container for the flowers. Of course he cried, while I yelled "Great" and picked him up and grabbed my daughter by the hand and headed for my wife who is still in line. I told my son to stay with his mother while I dealt with my daughter who had run away again. A few minutes later, after capturing her yet once again, I couldn't find my wife in line. I tried calling her cell phone before I had remembered that she had told me earlier that she forgot to charge her phone. About ten minutes later I saw her and my son coming out of Target. She was hold a wet paper towel at the back of his head, telling me we needed to go to the ER right now. Apparently, a cut had opened on his head. So as a precaution, we took him to the local ER, where the doctor told her it that he needed a stitch or two, or a staple. She figured it would be easier with the staple, and opted for that solution. Later she told me that she forgot to ask about the super glue method.
So that's why my son has a staple in his head. It was a good thing I wasn't watching. it would have freaked me out. We will try again next week to get Santa's picture. Sigh.

No comments: